Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am a survivor

I closed this down for awhile because of a few comments and I realized that its okay that it be read, it happened it was real and it was a part of my life. I am not ashamed for someone else's failure nor am I embarrassed by my experiences. I am a survivor!
I found it amazing all the bad that happens in the world and except for the sensationalized cases in the media, you will never know or hear of all the people who slip through the crack.  
There are many changes that are mandatory in the system to really make it a beneficial to all those in need. Early intervention is crucial to bringing about not merely the words of the change but the action of change. Obviously people benefit from positive surroundings as nurturing is very important in providing a stable beginning for our youth to grow. 
Change comes for those who want it, allowing hunger to go unfed only promotes more negativity and instibility. Take a walk through the inner city schools and you will see that they have indeed slid backwards. Those who can afford continue to put their children in public schools or move out of the area. What this leaves behind are those who have no alternative. The song children are our future represents our need to bring more youth groups not only to inner city children to the rural areas as well. By giving choices and altnernatives we can save those who are looking for away out in hopes that they take back the love and knowledge to better their own communitites.
If all possible encourage, sponsor or donate your time to your local youth group, if you make a difference in only one childs life, isn't that child worth it?

No comments:

Another Day

 I look back at a lifetime and I don't even recognize the woman who was or the woman I became.  Everyone is gone that the post would app...