Saturday, March 8, 2008

Love yourself enough to stand tall....

I just read a post that said if you just love yourself enough you won’t find yourself in an abusive situation, at least that is the message I received. I was instantly offended as I found that statement to place blame on the victim. If the victim loved them self better, if they were smarter, stronger. “If” is such a big word for someone to place on another. This again is placing a stereotype on who becomes a victim. One of my goals in life was to strip away stereotypes and labels. It is your basic cause and effect, but that is all that is simple about abuse. Adults or children It doesn’t matter, abuse is a sickness and those caught up in the sickness, struggle to keep afloat. I will say it again, abuse has no boundaries, and it knows not race, financial status nor intelligence. It happens to people in all brackets of life; it is well hidden and is likely
the skeletons in the closet. The victim should not be labeled and enabler, fear is a very
strong weapon and very real.



http://groups.msn.com/DOMESTICVIOLENCEABUSE/inlovingmemory2.msnw

“The limit of your self abuse is the limit you will tolerate from other people. If someone abuses you more than you abuse yourself, you walk away, you run, you escape” - Don Miguel Ruiz

I do not believe a person needs to walk away, run away or escape. What we should be directing this to is the people who need anger management or to get counseling for their psychological problems. Should we leave behind friends and family, our home and our life, because someone doesn't seek help. I believe it is a sin that any human being has to run or hide. Help should not come with a stigma and why must it be the victim who seeks help.
Those who direct anger at another person is gutless and doesn't love himor herself.

No comments:

Another Day

 I look back at a lifetime and I don't even recognize the woman who was or the woman I became.  Everyone is gone that the post would app...