Friday, May 11, 2007

I Dedicated this Week's Post to Mothers.

When my first son was born, I received this poem framed as a gift. It hung in my home through the raising of all six of my children.

Children learn what the Live

If children live with criticism,They learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility,They learn to fight.
If children live with ridicule,They learn to be shy.
If children live with shame, They learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, They learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, They learn to be patient.
If children live with praise, They learn to appreciate.
If children live with acceptance, They learn to love.
If children live with approval, They learn to like themselves.
If children live with honesty, They learn truthfulness.
If children live with security,They learn to have
faith in themselves and others.
If children live with friendliness, They learn the
world is a nice place in which to live.
~~~~~
Wandering thoughts ,exactly was is the tools a mother needs to raise children. We have the necessities, a roof over your head, clothes and food which many of us take for granted and hard to believe that children all over the world including children in the United Atates will go to bed without dinner simply because some people don't' know about out reach programs, or believe it or not there are many who see it as a pride issue.
Then of course there are the emotional tools one needs to see a child through babe to adulthood and that is love, time and respect, everything that any adult would expect.
My greatest moments as a mother, reading a story book, singing lullabies
and listening. There are many proud moments as a parent, to many to list, but the time that you lock in memory stays forever a part of who your children will be. I have always said that my sole responsibility to my children other then love , care and providing is creating memories. For these will continue long after we are gone.....

2 comments:

Spicy said...

Every year it has been a tradition to spend Mother's Day with my mother. I cook the meal and everyone comes bearing gifts and appetites. This year I will be visiting her in the long-term senior centre.
My Mother's Day tradition that I started many years ago (20) is special to me. I take both of my sons out for a meal the day before.,or the day after.
My reasoning is that I wouldn't be a mother if it wasn't for them. They make my life special because they are in it.
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Children with out voices said...

Tradition is important and it is wonderful to see you keeping it alive....Very special!

Another Day

 I look back at a lifetime and I don't even recognize the woman who was or the woman I became.  Everyone is gone that the post would app...