Saturday, February 24, 2007

Speak when spoken ..

Out of the mouth of babes.. our church was assigned a new pastor and over the season of Lent, much attention has been made to reconciliation. My elder son said to his sister “ Don’t forget you have to confess all your sins, tell him all the things you did wrong.” with out hesitation she turned to him and said” I can’t do that, I don’t know him.”

I grew up in the era where children were " to be seen and not heard" and " speak when spoken to". One of my biggest joys raising my own children, was allowing the freedom to say what was on their mine at anytime.
I remember thinking it took me a lifetime to "find myself" and I wanted my children to know, to be able to express and explore their like and dislikes, as they grew and matured.


No comments:

Another Day

 I look back at a lifetime and I don't even recognize the woman who was or the woman I became.  Everyone is gone that the post would app...