Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Winter of My Life......


Out of the book" Dear Kim Blake," I find this particular poem describes well what many of us have been through and our struggles to let go of the past and surface beyond the dark clouds.



" The Winter of My Life"


The key to unlocking what the darkness brings is to release the memories trapped inside of me. I thought it was the season that froze me in my tracks, as I was continously afraid of looking back. Lost amongst the thicket and still caught up in the freeze, seized by the moment I had fallen to my knees.I beg the winter to be kind and release me from the past, as the chill is gaining very fast. The season of winter, whispered in my ear, it's not of nature that sent the despair, causing you to feel such rentless fear. The winter that you feel that pierces like a knife it belongs to winter "the winter of your life. "

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Nicely done! I relate to much on your blog

Anonymous said...

Well written, I enjoyed your writing and will look forward to more postings.

Children with out voices said...

Thank you!!!!It's not always something that is easy for me to talk about, but I had promised several people that I would bring to attention the fact that child abuse takes on many forms and is spread world wide. ugh I can't believe I am going here but this might be a bit cliche but" treat others as you would want to be treated" seems pretty simple to me. You would beat your best friend, why would you beat your children. There are so many ways to discipline, you don't demand respect you earn it..... again ty

Another Day

 I look back at a lifetime and I don't even recognize the woman who was or the woman I became.  Everyone is gone that the post would app...